Introduction to Traffic Signals - Design and Operation
May 1st. and 2nd. 2019 at 08:00
Participant Skill Level: EIT; Junior Engineer; Junior Tech/Electrician; Junior Signal Designer.
- Reasons for Traffic Signals;
- Industry standards and practices for reference;
- Traffic Signal Design Considerations;
- Traffic Signal Equipment Overview;
- Traffic Signal Equipment Programming and Configuration Considerations
- Traffic Signal Design Drawings and Specifications Overview;
- Traffic Signal Timings and Coordination Overview;
- Traffic Signal Construction; (Designers/Inspectors Perspective)
The attendees will be introduced to all aspects of the development of traffic signal design ranging from the planning/engineering evaluation and justification process through to traffic signal construction oversight. Some traffic signal equipment will be on-hand to bring a "real-world" perspective to traffic signal equipment and equipment programming considerations.
Instructors: Larry Parks and Graeme Kraft
Cost: $950 + GST
This is a Two Day Special Education (Non-Certification) Seminar.